Messina. Customs warehouses (Palazzo della Dogana)
The customs complex (on the map) was built in 1914 on the ruins of the Royal Palace, destroyed by the earthquake of 1908.
The architect Giuseppe Lo Cascio created the building in the late art Nouveau style.
Of particular interest are the gates and canopies made of cast iron, decorated with openwork molding, imitating vegetation.